Thank you to JoBeth @ Blue Binding for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. She has a great bookish blog, so please do check it out!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award
Questions from JoBeth
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
A few years ago, when I paid a visit back to my secondary school, my English teacher suggested I start a book blog to help me find a career within publishing. I had been thinking about setting up a blog beforehand and this advice inspired me to start blogging about books.
2. What is one thing that you wished you knew when you started blogging and why?
Commenting on other people’s blogs! Interaction is a really important part of blogging and I wish that I started doing this sooner.
3. What are your top five favorite books or series?
Pride and Prejudice, Gone With the Wind, Jane Eyre, Great Expectations, The Catcher in the Rye.
4. What is your favorite dessert?
Ooh, there’s so many desserts to choose from. I love French desserts, especially profiteroles made with a fresh cream filling.
5. What is the best vacation you have ever been on?
When I was a teenager, we went on a family vacation to the Maldives. I remember seeing sea turtles for the first time! The island we were staying on was stunning with white sandy beaches and azure waters.
6. If you could bring to life a book or movie character for one day, who would you choose? What would you do with them?
Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. I think she would be cool to hang out with. I would take her on a tour of London and ask for her advice and opinions on modern-day life.
7. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
I would start my own charity. Maybe something to do with animal welfare and conservation.
8. Do you like spending time outdoors?
Yes, even though I’m not really an outdoorsy person, I do like taking walks in the park, exploring the city and having a change of scenery.
9. What kinds of shoes do you usually wear?
Mostly trainers by skechers. Sometimes I wear converse, and sandals in the summer.
10. What would your dream home look like?
It would be a detached house with a large garden.
11. What is a fandom that you are envious of?
The Harry Potter fandom, although it’s more admiration than envy.
- Bella @ Litcritpop
- Geybie @ Geybie’s Book Blog
- Sarah @ The Critiquing Chemist
- Des @ Des’ Random Thoughts
- Rachel @ Pace, Amore, Libri
- Kristen @ A Writer’s Workshop
No worries if you’ve already been nominated or prefer to skip this.
I really like JoBeth’s questions, so I am going to ask my nominees to please answer the same questions! 🙂
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is one thing that you wished you knew when you started blogging and why?
- What are your top five favorite books or series?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is the best vacation you have ever been on?
- If you could bring to life a book or movie character for one day, who would you choose? What would you do with them?
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- Do you like spending time outdoors?
- What kinds of shoes do you usually wear?
- What would your dream home look like?
- What is a fandom that you are envious of?
Thank you again to JoBeth for the nomination!