Hello everyone! I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award aaages ago by Umairah @ Sereadipity and Whitney @ Whit Reads Lit. Sorry it’s taken me so long and thank you both for nominating me! Please check out their blogs if you haven’t already!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award.
Questions from Umairah
1. If you could choose one book to live in forever, which would it be?
Ooh, probably Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone because who wouldn’t want to live in a world filled with magic!
2. If you were stranded on a desert island with only one book, which one would it be?
Pride and Prejudice because it’s my favourite novel and one of the few books I like to read again and again.
3. Which book character do you wish was your best friend?
Can I pick two? I wish I could be best friends with Nick and Charlie from Heartstopper. They are both so pure and kind!
4. Apart from reading/book blogging, what else do you enjoy doing?
I like taking walks in the park, going to the theatre, visiting art galleries, and watching films, especially if they’re adaptations of books 🙂
5. Which book do you always find yourself recommending to people?
Even though I only read it for the first time last year, I highly recommend The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I wish they had taught us this book in school!
6. If you could be any one book character for a day, who would you be?
Hermione Granger because I wish I was as smart as her.
7. Which supporting character do you think deserves their own book and why?
Neville Longbottom because he’s one of my favourite supporting characters from Harry Potter. He has brilliant character development and I would totally read a book from his point of view!
8. Which bookish habits do you have?
I have this habit where if I see someone reading a book on TV or in a film, I look up that book afterwards and add it to my TBR if I like the sound of it.
9. What is your main blogging goal for 2019?
Mastering the art of not blogging sporadically.
10. What is your main reading goal for 2019?
Reading more backlist books instead of ARCs.
11. What would be your #1 bookish holiday destination?
Even though I went there once a school day-trip, I’d love to go to Bath again. Jane Austen is my favourite author and she made Bath her home from 1801 to 1806. It would be great to visit the Jane Austen Centre to learn more about her life, as well as the Festival and annual Regency Costumed Summer Ball.
Questions from Britney
1. How many books do you typically read at one time?
Usually only one, but lately I’ve been trying to increase my reading by listening to an audiobook in my free time and then reading a physical book before going to bed.
2. What genre are you the most drawn to?
I’m most drawn to Young Adult fantasy, especially retellings!
3. What is your favorite summer activity?
4. Do you shop for books mostly online or in physical bookstores?
I tend to borrow books from the library, but sometimes I’ll buy them from physical bookstores or charity shops.
5. What is your favorite bookish app?
The Goodreads app. It has a nifty feature which allows you to scan a book cover or barcode so you can easily add it to your Want to Read shelf.
6. Do you ever write in your books?
Not really. I try and donate books after reading them, so I take notes in my notebook.
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who are fake.
8. Speaking of pets, do you have any?
My family has four budgies (parakeets). They are very chirpy from when they wake up at 6:30am!
9. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a night owl!
10. How often do you read throughout the day?
It really depends on how much time I have. I try and aim for at least one chapter a day.
11. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing has to be the blogging community! I have learnt so much and enjoy interacting with people from all over the world who share my love of books. I think that the book blogging community especially is a very supportive and tight-knit group.
- Lana @ Bibliomedico
- Stephen @ Stephen Writes
- Sarah @ Bookish Rantings
- Lucy @ Lucy’s Novel Purpose
- Hamad @ The Book Prescription
- Satou @ Inkish Kingdoms
- Lisa @ Lisas Books Gems and Tarot
- Charlie @ The Book Reviewer
- Susy @ Susy’s Cozy World
- Lauren @ LauReads
- Toya @ The Reading Chemist
As always, this is optional so no worries if tags/awards aren’t your thing.
I like Umairah and Whitney’s questions, and hope it’s alright if I can use a combination of them again.
- If you could choose one book to live in forever, which would it be?
- If you were stranded on a desert island with only one book, which one would it be?
- Which book character do you wish was your best friend?
- Apart from reading/book blogging, what else do you enjoy doing?
- Which supporting character do you think deserves their own book and why?
- Which book do you always find yourself recommending to people?
- What genre are you the most drawn to?
- What is your favorite bookish app?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Speaking of pets, do you have any?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Thank you again to Umairah and Whitney for nominating me!