- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link me/this post (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!) – Jenn
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people!
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it ❌
One ARC took me a while to read, but I did review it eventually.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley ❌
I don’t actually use Netgalley!
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) ❌
I usually write reviews on my blog first and then add them to Goodreads, so this hasn’t happened yet.
4. Folded down the page of a book ❌
5. Accidentally spilled on a book ❌
I like to drink green tea while I read, but so far no spillages!
6. DNF a book this year ✅
Ah, I rarely DNF books, but I did do it once this year. I won a book in a competition and started reading it before realising it was the third book in a series. Even though it could be read as a standalone, I’m not sure I would enjoy it as much. I’ll either donate it to a charity shop or read it later on.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it ❌
While I do like pretty books, I always intend to read them at some point!
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✅
Yes! I procrastinate a lot!
9. Skim read a book ❌
No, otherwise I worry that I will miss out something important!
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal ❌
Ok, so maybe I’m 2 books behind schedule, but I can still reach my Goodreads goal!
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it ❌
I always return books to the library 🙂
12. Broke a book buying ban ❌
As a library lurker, I don’t think I’ve ever set myself a book buying ban.
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ❌
Not really. Whenever I’m reading a book, I take down notes and try to write a review soon after finishing the book.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading ❌
I’ve only ever annotated books that we read for school and were meant to write in, so I’m not sure this really counts!
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads ❌
Nope! Each book I read goes on my Goodreads.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend ✅
Not a friend, but I did borrow a cookbook from my aunt and haven’t returned it yet. I will return it at some point!
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book ❌
Sadly, no one’s ever asked me!
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book ❌
Gosh I hope not…
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged ❌
No. I think I’m probably the only person who leaves the jacket on a book.
20. Sat on a book accidentally ❌
Not that I’m aware of!
FINAL SCORE: 3/20
Yay, I’m bookishly nice!