I was tagged by Daniel @ Page to Page to do the This Is My Genre Book Tag! Thank you for tagging me!
- Credit goes to Drew @ TheTattooedBookGeek
- Answer the questions.
- Tag as many people as you want.
1. What is your favorite genre?
Right now I have a penchant for Young Adult.
2. Who is your favorite author from that genre?
There are so many! I will definitely read books which are written by Karen M. McManus, Alison Goodman, Angie Thomas and Renee Ahdieh.
3. What is it about the genre that keeps pulling you back?
Lots of young adult novels feature coming-of-age stories which I love. It’s something that everyone can relate to. Plus YA books are addictive and fun to read!
4. What is the book that started your love for that genre?
It must have been Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. This was the first YA book I read and I remember being enthralled by the series.
5. If you had to recommend at least one book from your favorite genre to a non-reader/someone looking to start reading that genre, what book would you choose and why?
Ooh this is a bit tricky because YA has various sub-genres. I would say The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. It’s a powerful coming-of-age novel which captures teenage angst at its finest.
6. Why do you read?
I love the fact that I can be transported to a different world through reading. It’s magical!
Shalini @ Books, Reviews et al by Shalini
Lotte @ The Reading Hobbit
Lucy @ Lucy’s Bookish World
And anyone else who would like to do this!