- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself and answer the questions given by the person who tagged you
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Facts About Me
I prefer hot weather to cold weather. Like even it’s really hot, I would prefer that to feeling chilly and getting sniffles.
I was very much into gaming as a teen. The last video game I played was Red Dead Redemption. I loved this game but still haven’t gotten around to completing the storyline missions. The trailer for RDR 2 has recently been released and it’s made me want to finish the first game!
My preferred hot beverage is tea. I love all types of tea, whether it’s herbal, green or black. I usually have a cup of jasmine green tea every morning after breakfast.
1. What’s your favorite bookish childhood memory?
I was a child when the first Harry Potter book was released and it felt like I grew up with Harry, Ron and Hermione during my childhood and teenage years.
2. What’s your favorite and least favorite book-to-movie adaptation, and why?
My favourite is Gone With the Wind because it stays faithful to the book! Plus it’s one the best films ever made with a great cast and beautiful costumes. My least favourite is the 1999 version of Mansfield Park. They changed practically everything about the book and added trashy scenes instead.
3. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
Probably loitering on the pavement whilst playing Pokémon Go. And yes, I’m still playing Pokémon Go!
4. Would you rather be a hero or villain for a day, and what would your superpower be?
I would rather be a hero with the ability to heal. Or the power of invisibility to help fight crime.
5. What is the most inspiring book you’ve ever read?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I wish this book had been required reading at my school.
1. What is your unpopular bookish opinion?
I’m not a big fan of love triangles unless they are well-written.
2. Besides books, what else are you passionate about?
Music! Listening to my favourite bands always lifts my spirits. I’m especially excited about Years & Years who have just released their second album. Hopefully I can see them live one day!
3. How do you organize your bookshelf?
Alphabetically by the author’s last name.
4. What book is your guilty pleasure?
Probably Twilight, although I don’t feel guilty about reading it!
5. Would you rather spend the day with your favorite author to your favorite character?
Ooh, that’s a tough question! I would rather spend the day with my favourite author. That way, I can learn more about them and ask questions about their characters.
1. What are you most looking forward to in the next couple months?
I haven’t watched Poldark yet, so I’m going to borrow the DVD box sets from my local library and get up to speed with season 4. It certainly looks intriguing! 🙂
2. What’s one goal you’re currently working toward?
Improving my fitness by taking daily walks. I don’t really like to exercise, but walking in the park does wonders for my mind and body.
3. Which author would you like to hang out with for the day?
If they ever invent time travelling, then Jane Austen for sure.
4. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
5. What’s the first sentence from the book you’re currently reading?
“Look, you probably bought this book because you read the blurb about how I’m an impoverished orphan and also at the heart of a national slut-shaming scandal, and you thought, Oh great, this is just the kind of heart-wrenching tale I need to feel better about my own life, but seriously, you have to relax.” – Laura Steven, The Exact Opposite of Okay
Emily @ Embumblex
Laura @ The Girl With All The Books
Shane @ The Blue Green Reader
Amanda @ Back To Fiction
I really enjoyed the questions I was asked, so I’m going to include a mixture of them!
- What’s your favourite and least favourite book-to-movie adaptation, and why?
- Would you rather be a hero or villain for a day, and what would your superpower be?
- Would you rather spend the day with your favourite author to your favourite character?
- What’s your favourite Disney movie?
- What’s the first sentence from the book you’re currently reading?
My Best Posts
These are the posts that received the most views and likes on my blog.
- Top Ten Tuesday: Feminist Books
- To Be Read or not To Be Read?
- Banned Instagram Hashtags Includes #Books
- Book Review: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Thank you again Kelly, Jessica, and Sara for nominating me!