Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Read In One Sitting Theme: ten of the shortest books I’ve read, top ten books I read in one sitting, ten books to read when you are short on time, top ten books that will make you read the whole day away, etc. I’ve chosen ten books to read when you are short on time. The following books are great quick reads which I recommend. Let’s get started!
1. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
I remember reading this as a child. Definitely worth a reread!
2. Paris For One by Jojo Moyes
A cute and funny short story by the author of Me Before You.
3. The Postman Always Rings Twice by James M. Cain
Classic crime noir.
4. Carrie by Stephen King (Review with Spoilers)
Stephen King’s first novel about a teenage girl with telekinetic powers. Gripping and suspenseful horror.
5. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
This novella explores the theme of loneliness and social outcasts. The ending made me quite emotional.
6. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
A novel which has grown on me over the years.
7. Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
The novella is grittier and more “true to life” than the film which is very Hollywood. I enjoy both of them as they each have their own merits.
8. Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek by Maya Van Wagenen (Review)
A funny, witty and refreshingly honest memoir from a smart teen trying to fit in at middle school.
9. Animal Farm by George Orwell
We read this in school and it’s a satirical allegory about communism.
10. The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
A gothic tale would be incomplete without a doppelgänger (as fans of TVD will know).
Which books have you read in one sitting or in a flash? Have you read any of the books in this list? Please let me know in the comments. Until next time, readers!